Welcome to the final podcast of 2017! I’m so excited to welcome Christy Harrison, an intuitive eating and anti-diet dietitian to the show today to chat about, well, anti-dieting and intuitive eating!
It felt fitting to have Christy on the show during the holidays as I know many of you guys struggle with how to navigate them as your sort out your own health and eating journeys. It isn’t easy with so many triggers and messaging telling you to work off that turkey dinner or set weight-loss goals for the new year. I feel you and I’m with you. Last year around this time I ended up unfollowing so many people because I couldn’t handle all of the messaging making me feel inadequate being exactly where I am. So hopefully this episode helps to remind you that the holiday season is so much more than food and your body.
Beyond being a perfect guest for this season, Christy has also been one of the most highly requested guests. She runs a very successful podcast herself so she’s no stranger to this world. As a result this episode really resonated with me and I hope it resonates with you too.
Here are a few other things we discussed in today’s episode:
- Christy’s health journey and how she become an anti-diet dietitian
- Her own struggles with anorexia and orthorexia and what’s changed
- What she gained when she stopped micromanaging her health
- What “Intuitive Eating” really means and how its been misinterpreted
- How to be an intuitive eating with digestive issues
- How to talk to friends and family members who are struggling with eating disorders
- Resources for breaking weight stigma and bias and encouraging health at every size
- The one health habit she can’t live without
What questions do you have for Christy? Do you consider yourself an “intuitive eater”?
Article source here:The Healthy Maven